Are you looking here in America for good sources of items that you miss from home? Here is a short list of places for foods, reading materials, videos and music. I can vouch for their honesty and reliability. Try them.
- Der Buchwurm offers a wide range of German language books, as well as magazine subscriptions, videos and music. Annual hard copy mail order catalog available. Located near Chicago, Illinois.
- Pannonia Books has a good selection of Hungarian language books, both new and used, as well as music. Semiannual hard copy mail order catalog available. Located in Toronto, Ontario.
- Café Budapest has those pastries just like your mother or favorite aunt used to make. Viki Götz prepares everything fresh for each individual order. Viki's e-mail address: email@example.com, phone: +1 (412) 805-9254. Near Pittsburg, Pennsylvania.
- Ernie's Deli carries a nice selection of food items from Central Europe, with an emphasis on German and Hungarian items, plus music and videos in both languages. Hard copy mail order catalog sent out for holidays. Located in Englewood, California.
- Himmel Haus in Elkhart, Indiana carries an extensive line of German foods and household/family products, including magazines. A mail order catalog is available. E-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org, the telephone number is +1 (574) 293-8361.
Copyright 2008. All rights reserved.
Certified translations, German and Hungarian into English
Hans Fisher, Kansas City, USA